CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pirate Stew

So I was home from work this morning and thought I would make something in the crockpot, which I always intend to do and dont. Anyway Jon and I together found this recipe and it turned out amazing so I thought I would share it.

Pirate Stew-
3/4 c sliced onion
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c uncooked, long grain rice
3 c diced raw potatoes
1 c diced celery
2 cups canned kidney beans, drained
1 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tea chili powder
1/4 tea worcestershire sauce
1 c tomato sauce
1/2 c water
1. brown onion and hamb together, drain
2.Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given.
3. Cover, coook on low for 6 hours or until potatoes and rice are cooked.

We did also add carrots 2 cups between the potatoes and celery, I also added more worcestershire sauce(cause I love it) so I probably added maybe 1/4 c, and seasoned it to my own taste.
One thing you might add more of is rice we couldnt really tell it was there.
Also we added about a cup more water that it called for.

Hope you all try it! it was wonderful!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! you gave up the recipe. So going to try it. I think the name itself will win over the kiddos. Will let you know when I try it.

    ReplyDelete